12 Ways You Can Take A Stand Against Domestic Violence
for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October:
1. Organize a vigil and a moment of silence on October 1st
at 11am EST to remember the victims of domestic violence and/or contribute to the Remember My Name project (http://www.ncadv.org/programs/remember-my-name
). Send us your event information (when, where, date, time, and link) and we will post it to our national event listing page.
2. Take a selfie or group photo and share why and how you are standing up against domestic violence. Use our printable sign http://ncadv.org/TAS%20placard.pdf
and hashtags #tasncadv #STANDwithNCADV #takeastand and we will add you to our twitter feed, Facebook and Pinterest. Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Share what you have already done or are doing to stop domestic violence on our Facebook wall (www.facebook.com/supportNCADV
) or post to your own social media with our hashtags #NCADV # #takeastand #STANDwithNCADV.
4. Contact your local media and lawmakers by calling, emailing or sending them a letter asking them to be aware and work for change. You can use our statistics at http://www.ncadv.org/learn/statistics
to support your message.
8. Wear Purple and tell everyone why!
9. Mobilize your network and hold your own event. Use these resources:http://www.ncadv.org/takeastandmain/get-involved
. Then, share your event with NCADV on social media using these hashtags #tasncadv #takeastand #STANDwithNCADV. Send us your event information (when, where, date, time, and link) and we will post it to our national event listing page.